Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
This release limits your rights to recover damages in case of an accident. In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Surfing For Hope surf camp, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Surfing For Hope, their of officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise photo release: I grant Surfing For Hope representatives the rights to use my image or likeness in still or motion form for the purpose of publicizing Surfing For Hope and/or it's events or promoting future events. I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it through the process of "clicking the acceptance checkbox" and voluntarily without any inducement.
- Participants under the age of 18 are required to have parent agree to "clicking the acceptance checkbox": this is to verify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in the programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence.